Monday, February 21, 2005

Danny Deckchair

This weekend, my family forced me to watch some movie I'd never heard of, "Danny Deckchair." I was ready to head upstairs, but my mom coerced me into staying until I'd decided I'd had enough. I was not looking forward to this at all, but as the first few minutes unfolded, I found myself pleasantly surprised. Made in Australia, "Danny Deckchair" takes the story of that guy who rose 30,000 feet in the air with the aid of weather balloons right in the middle of LAX's approach run airspace, and it makes a quirky romantic comedy (sort of) out of it. Once you get past the annoying Aussie accents (to me, a Texan doing a Cockney accent sounds less forced), it really is a good movie. It's not one most of you would probably check out on a weekend, but give it a try. I mean, it's no "Eternal Sunshine," but it'll do. Do yoursef a favor and, if you can find it, give "Danny Deckchair" a try. (I'm guessing the ladies will like this more than the men, though. I'm not the kind of guy who requires explosions to keep me entertained, so it was fine for me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home