Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Criticism Of A Criticism

I heard some guy talking about phrases he hates to hear. It was either George Carlin or a homeless heroine addict. But I repeat myself. Anyway, one of the phrases stuck out in my mind. It's a phrase used by a lot of people when they arrive for the first time in someone else's house and immediately get smothered by the family dog. They say, "Oh, he smells my dog." Now, the commentator who said he didn't like hearing this phrase justified his stupid opinion like this: Some dogs just like to sniff people. They don't smell another dog on you. They're just curious about meeting someone new.

I found myself, for the first time in 20 or 30 years, actually accusing SOMEONE ELSE of being nitpicky. Can you believe that? I'm the guy who hates it when people say things like "supposably" or "expresso," and I thought someone else was being too critical. I guess there's a first time for everything. Why should someone care whether or not someone else says, "He smells my dog" when they're being licked to death by Justine, the family collie? Hey, whoever said that, get a life. There's more to living than just making fun of stuff all the time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home