Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bank

This is the reason I avoid banks like Michael J. Fox avoids the board game Operation.

Me: OK, I've gotta ask you something that's been driving me crazy.

Bank Teller: Uh-huh.

Me: How exactly does one 'sign over' a check to another person? I mean, you see it all the time in movies and on TV, but I don't think I've ever actually seen someone in real life sign a check over to someone else.

Bank Teller: Um... Well, the way you could do that is-

Me: I wouldn't want to actually do it. It's not like there's a guy waiting outside with a gun pressed to the forehead of someone I love and saying 'Sign your paycheck over to me, you impossibly attractive sexpot.'

Bank Teller: Uh, yeah... Like I was saying-

Me: I'm just joking about the sexpot thing. I don't think it's very likely that some two-bit thief would bother to compliment me while he was trying to rob me. Is there a way you guys check to see of someone is, like, under duress when they come in and say they want to sign a check over to someone else?

Bank Teller: It's not really like that. Usually, we would just-

Me: Does the other person have to be there when you do it? Or do you just need, like, a photo ID of the person who's actually giving away the money? Or what if it was one twin trying to, you know, extort some money out of the other one? Does someone just write 'Sign over to so-and-so' on the back before they endorse it, or whatever? And what if the person on the receiving end wants to cash it? Would they just have to fill out their own deposit slip whenever they come into the bank?

Bank Teller: Oops! Would you look at the time? I'm late for my lunch break. Have a nice day, sir.

Me (walking away and mumbling under my breath): I could so totally rob this place.

Bank Teller: Um, no you couldn't.

Me: See you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home