Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentimes... and Baby Dropping

Why is it so hard for most people to pronounce the word "Valentine" correctly? Not that it matters a whole lot, as it's pretty much a made-up holiday to begin with. But it's the principle of the thing. It's just as bad as when people say "Feb-yoo-ary," which, much like "Valentimes," is not a word.

I love language. I love how flexible modern American English is. I don't love the fact that its flexibility can be abused by people who, in a just world, would have been thrown off a cliff as babies.

I know that sounds harsh, but it's much better than throwing them off a cliff as adults (mostly because grown-ups tend to have a nasty habit of vocally disagreeing with people who think they should be dead; thanks a lot, public school system). Babies have soft heads, so their deaths would not only be instant, but also funny as hell.

Somehow, I feel like I got off track in this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home