Thursday, February 03, 2005

Wake Up And... No, You're Still Not Awake

I want to throttle the guy who does the voice-over for those Carl's Jr commercials. He sounds higher than that "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell" idiot that got busted for pot a while back. Number one rule in advertising: You have to believe in your own product. Now, I don't know about you guys, but I have a hard time believing that that moron is excited about ANYTHING. I guess he couldn't really be a pothead, because it's FOOD. I seem to remember that they kinda want food when they're stoned. Another explanation may just be that no one in their right mind would actually want to eat a BREAKFAST BURGER. Eggs are one thing. Some people put eggs on their burgers. I'm fine with that. The potatoes COMBINED with the eggs make this a whole different ballgame. I'd rather lick clean the toes of a skunk that just climbed out of the butt of another skunk than eat a breakfast burger. Apparently, this loser agrees, because he sounds about as excited as Stephen Wright on Valium. I've pooped things that were more lively than this guy. I hope he accidentally falls down an elevator shaft... onto some bullets.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I'm fascinated by midwestern fast food chains. This Carls Jr place has Jr in the name and its logo is a chubby star. Then there are places like Runza and Taco Johns. I don't know what the hell a Runza is and I think it should be called Taco Juans.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Vaughan said...

Actually, Carl's Jr is a Californian chain. It's slowly making its way east. I've never heard of Runza before. What kind of food do they serve?

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Runza, the restaurant, serves runzas, the food. This is how it has been described to me: ground beef and sauerkraut inside of a doughy bready puffy thing. You can get it with cheese or without. They say it is good with mustard. I personally lose my appetite when runzas are mentioned but apparently they're a big hit in Nebraska. They're everywhere. Even BFE McCook has one.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home