Friday, November 05, 2004

A Friend

I was recently made aware of the fact that my friend, Philip Catalano, did not vote in this year's election. Not cool, Phil... not cool. And not only that, he wasn't even registered! Phil, man, you're breakin' my balls. I can't believe you did that. Who cares if you're in Texas? You still need to make your voice heard. I saw a seventy-five year old man with cancer be led through the line in order to vote. You've got no excuse if that guy can still vote. This is America. It was founded on the principle that every man deserves to make his opinions known. Phil, I know you're a smart guy with plenty of great ideas, but who's going to know if you don't even bother to register to vote? I love you dude, and that's why I'm being honest. Don't be a pussy: Vote!

Oh, and by the way, if you want to email Phil and tell him exactly why, right now, he needs a swift kick in the scrotum: philip_catalano@baylor.edu

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Now, Andrew, I agree with the principle... but let's talk pragmatically. Do you want someone involved in the system who doesn't care about the system? I don't let folks drive my car for that reason.

I'll do my part in the testicle thrashing.

To quote from a Bush-Cheney '04 intern we both know and love:

All this crap about “Vote or DIE” is driving me nuts.  I wish less people would vote.  If I see P. Diddy, Bruce Springsteen, or any putz on MTV say one more time: “It’s your future, speak out,” I’m going to go crazy, and start advocating voting reform like: raising the voting age to 28, and requiring: 1) naming both of person’s respective senators and their party affiliation, two cabinet-level departments, and 3 Supreme Court Justices, in English.  2) passing a basic fitness test, something that will weed out geriatric drivers, paralytic opportunists like Christopher Reeves, and slugs like Michael Moore.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Vaughan said...

You're absolutely right, John. I don't want people who don't care erasing my own vote. See my posting on Sean Penn for that opinion to be fleshed out more thoroughly. The thing is, I know Phil cares. That's the difference. Also, about the Vote or Die campaign and these other liberal jackasses trying to get young people to vote is total crap. Every election, they say "this is the year" but it never happens. This election was no exception. There was virtually no change in the percentage of voters who were between the ages of 18 and 25 from the 2000 election. Face it. People our age don't vote in the droves liberals would like, and I'm fine with that. They're idiots.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home