Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Man, Drunk People Are So Nice

As I've already said, I went to Greeley for New Year's Eve. While there, I went to a couple parties where there was one whole hell of a lot of alcohol being served. I've got to tell you, I really like being sober around drunk people. You see the most amazing displays of stupidity humanity has to offer. For example, my friend and I were in the back yard of some house where we saw a couple guys trying their darndest to get to the roof of the TuffShed from the trampoline. Wait. That's not the funny part. That comes later when I tell you would about the fact that there were several power lines hanging between the TuffShed and the trampoline. Seriously. These guys had apparently been drinking for HOURS. One guy, after having gotten slightly entangled in the power lines, decided he was not yet in enough danger and gave the wires a couple good yanks, apparently to "teach them a thing or two."
Another thing I've noticed is that drunk people are really, REALLY nice to almost everyone. (I know not all of them are like that, but angry drunks are far less common than all the other kinds, plus I only saw one of those all night.) Anyway, I met a whole bunch of people who, while I was completely unaware of it, went off and became my best friend. It was great. Everyone's a friend, and, more importantly, everyone's an expert. I heard the funniest stuff about the war in Iraq while these geniuses still thought they were stone-cold sober. Oh, and let's not forget about the guy who we saw just wandering around in the streets with a handle in one hand and his cell phone in the other. Every few seconds, he'd take a sip, then try another number, I guess. All in all, that night taught me a valuable lesson: always bring a camera to college parties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home