Monday, March 07, 2005

A Revelation

Man, how long has it been since I last posted? Like, four or five days? I'm really slacking. Oh well. At the end of a break in the middle of my interpersonal communication class, one guy came back into the classroom stinking of cigarette smoke. I found myself reacting in a way that very much surprised me. I reacted with relief. That's right, relief. I came to the realization that, barring some horrible accident, this guy was almost guaranteed to die before me. That made me feel good. I liked that knowledge. Eventually, I'm going to be a ripe old man while that guy's breathing his last agonizing breath. That, my friends, is the best "I told you so," ever. EVER! I've decided I'm not going to bother smokers with my petty complaints about "cleanliness" and "common courtesy" and "preferring to not smell like a flaming turd." They have the right to take themseles out of the game early, and who am I to argue? Good riddance. Maybe, if we're lucky, they'll all die their horrible deaths kind of around the same time, and we'll be able to start anew with citizens who have an IQ higher than that of a phone book.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hehoff said...

Well, I agree with the sentiment, but I still don't want to smell these bastards. So I would like to propose setting them all on their own island much like the Greeks did with the island of Lesbos. Then we would not have to see them or smell them, they would die faster with all the extra concentrated smoke, and *bonus* Britney Spears would be gone.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Vaughan said...

That solution seems fine to me. The thing is, which island? We don't want to give them a nice one. Something in the Phillippines, perhaps?

9:25 PM  
Blogger Hehoff said...

I was thinking Cuba.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home