Thursday, March 17, 2005

If You Could Figure Out The Answer, An Entire Generation Of Physicists Should Just Kill Themselves Now

In Sam Milazzo's astronomy class today, this fat woman (who arrived twenty-five minutes late) made a startling discovery. You see, he had just finished telling us that we have no idea why elliptical galaxies have so many more stars than do spiral galaxies. Then, the woman who didn't care enough about the class to arrive on time piped up by suggesting a remarkably simple solution (I don't remember exactly what it was, because I was too busy mumbling "You're an idiot" under my breath). Sam turned to her and said, "Nope. That doesn't account for nearly enough of the mass that we're talking about. We may not know what it is, but we do know it's definitely not THAT." I was laughing so hard (while at the same time trying to keep quiet, 'cause the woman was two chairs away from me) I couldn't breath. She totally got put in her place, and I was loving it. It was just so amazing to me that this woman thought that, despite the fact that there's probably a group of 40 physicists employed by the government for the sole purpose of figuring out this problem, she'd answered the question. She'd solved the riddle. Einstein? Aristotle? Newton? All morons compared to her. It was priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home