Thursday, June 30, 2005

Out Of The Blue

I recently decided that I don't like harmonicas, and I REALLY don't like people who play them. It's not even something I can readily explain. It's just that... they're really really stupid. What kind of idea for an instrument is that? You don't have to have any sort of rhythm or musical ability to play it. Hell, you don't even have to have fingers to play it. Apparently, the inventor of the harmonica had an entire family made up of retards and stroke victims. "Here you go, Tommy. Here's an instrument you can play without ever having learned how to walk or feed yourself." Really, the only thing worse than the harmonica is the mouth harp, which doesn't even make what normal people might call "music." If "making a sound" is now the only criterion for calling something an instrument, then I think there are a lot of people out there who deserve to be very severely beaten.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I guess I shouldn't even ask what your opinions are on the kazoo and slide whistles.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Vaughan said...

Surprisingly, I have no beef with either of those.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home