Sunday, January 01, 2006

...And Now It's Over

All that hype over ringing in the new year, and it's all over just like that. I really don't like this holiday. "Congratulations on living through another night! Now you get to write a new number in the date section of your checks." Who cares? I spent this New Year's Eve at the stroke of midnight at a friend's house hanging out around a bonfire, and it was better than any "official" New Year's Eve party I've ever been to. How many of you can say you saw your friend travel down a zipline stark naked with a flaming piece of wood being held between his knees last night? Probably only 5 or 6 of you. I'd much rather have a couple days of Thanksgiving, and skip the whole new year celebration thing altogether. And how old is Dick Clark anyways? I think the man actually died 10 or 15 years ago, and he's just being manipulated via remote control like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Or maybe it's just trapped gas escaping...

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Next year, I'd like to see Dick Clark do the zipline trick.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home