Monday, December 06, 2004

What's In A Name?

I was watching the first Austin Powers movie yesterday when I started thinking... Who was the first guy to ever say, "Danger's my middle name," to some random, probably apathetic onlooker? I guess that Ian Fleming was most likely the first to put those words to paper. My real question is this: who cares? Seriously, why would the irrelevant fact that a man's middle name just happens to be "Danger" have anything to do with his ability to endure and survive a specific dangerous situation? That makes no sense, whatsoever. I mean, my middle name's Vaughan (surprise!), which means "little." Does that mean that I am somehow gifted with a hightened sensitivity to midgets or dwarves or other stature-challenged people? I wish! But no, it doesn't. Sorry, Mr Coleman. So, by the use of deductive reasoning (not really), the people who claim to have Danger as a middle name and who also believe that that happenstance is somehow significant in any way are complete mongoloid spaz lunatics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home