Monday, November 29, 2004

Helen Keller Was An Idiot... And Some Other Stuff

OK everybody... time for Notes and Quotes! This is the part of the show where Andrew gives you a couple quotations and then comments on them.

The first, as the title of this post suggests, comes from Helen Keller. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or heard. They are in the heart." Let me ask you this: how the heck does she know!? Excuse me, Helen, but I've never been skydiving, so I'm not in a position to comment on it either way. You, on the other hand, apparently feel that one does not have to EVER experience sight or sound to know that they suck (according to you). Sounds to me like a textbook case of sour grapes. You're just jealous.

This one is an ACTUAL GOOD QUOTATION, not one I wil make fun of. It comes from Albert Camus. "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." I really like this idea, because it's so true. There are a lot of people right now who are, as we speak, working really hard just to look normal. I am deeply saddened by the fact that our society has put such a stigma on the idea of abnormality that people will do anything to fit into a very tight and unforgiving mold. That actually reminds me of another quote: "Be you, do what you do, drink Dr Pepper." -Dr Pepper (who else?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home