Tuesday, November 23, 2004

This Is Why Men Rule The World

As most of you probably don't know, I recently got a job at Aeropostale. Most of my time is spent folding or hanging clothes. I know, can you believe I get paid for this? Anyway, today I was assigned to straighten out a table of women's sweaters. Sounds easy, right. Wrong. Women are terrible at clothes shopping. It's obvious that they have no idea what they're doing when they hold up FIVE OR SIX examples of the same sweater style, then when they decide they don't want any of them, they throw them into a pile on the table. It took me nearly two hours to fully recover that table. In thirty more minutes, I could have simply started from scratch and finished the display! Let's compare this to the men's sweaters. Five. That's right, I only needed to refold five sweaters from the entire men's sweater table. Men look for their size, maybe try it on, then either buy or don't buy. Women pick up several things, each a different size, hold them up, show them to a friend, in some cases CALL A FRIEND, try them on, try them with different accessories, ask forty questions about whether or not it will shrink, and see if it's on sale, then they might buy it. I'm telling you, this alone is why men rule the world. Women are far too detail-oriented. Men are direct and unflinching. I have a feeling I'll be privy to many more insights into the vast array of differences between the sexes in my experiences at Aeropostale. Just you wait and see. I may even finally get a killer book idea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home