Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A Very Long Semester

I tried to put up this post last night, but apparently, blogger.com is unaware of the popularity of their service. I couldn't post anything because the site was getting all weird. Anyway, yesterday I started classes for the Spring semester, and one of the classes I have on Tuesdays and Thursdays is called Philosophy and Society. I guess I should've taken it as a sign when I saw for the first time that the Communist Manifesto was required reading for the course. The professor is... interesting. She told us we were going to be watching a video produced by a known anarchist, "even though his politics are a little extreme." Then, she immediately apologized if she offended any potential anarchists in the class! The woman is not at all afraid that there could have possibly been anarchists in my class, but she was apparently terrified by the thought of making one uncomfortable by calling an anarchist "a little extreme." This is going to be an interesting semester. I'll probably be able to come up with weekly updates on this one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home