Thursday, June 30, 2005

Hitchhikers

I have to say, I really like to see hitchhikers walking backwards down the street with their thumbs in the air. I like that image for two reasons: 1) I like seeing the ingenuity and resourcefulness displayed in the simple fact that they're using their time and energy wisely. These guys are working smarter, not harder. Can't get a ride right away? Well, make up the time by walking in the direction you wish to go. That way, you could go literally days without actually getting a ride and still put several dozen miles under your belt. It almost makes the pick-up a little bit of a bonus. You could be hitchhiking to Denver from Colorado Springs, and even if you don't get some poor liberal sucker to pick you up, you'll still eventually get there. Nice. 2) The other reason is that it makes me feel better about myself, knowing that I'm in a car, where it's warm and dry and I have food in my stomach. You know, I'd probably think a lot less of my life if there weren't hitchhiking bums out there to give my self-esteem a much-needed boost. Thanks, guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home